Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Tithing


Since Tithing Settlements are coming up I thought we would do this lesson on none other than...tithing. I know it's a pretty hard concept for little kids and Im not sure Afton even got anything out of it (except the fake money), but you know what they say, repetition is the key.

Song: Keep the Commandments

Activity: Coloring page here. Even me and Tyson did one and it was really fun.

Lesson: I had printed fake money, here, and I counted out Ten and and gave them to Tyson. I asked him to give me one back and he said "no". Then I said "but I gave you the money, can I just have one back you will still have nine." Afton was enthralled at this point to see Daddy not sharing. In the end he gave me one. Then I did the same thing with Afton and she said no at first but then gave me one.


The point is this: God is the reason we have our money so we should show Him we are thankful by giving Him a little back to help his other children.

Notes:
  • I didn't talk about 10% because I knew that would be way over her head.
  • I could have used candy too but Afton was in love with the play money so it worked great.
  • This entire lesson, including the activity all lasts about 10 min. total. short, sweet, and to the point
Scripture: 3 Nephi 24: 8- Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say: Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.

Treats: brownies, yum


1 comment: